Parking Appeals

Pursuant to regulation UCF – 6.007, the SG Judicial Council has been vested with the authority to serve as the second level of appeal for parking citation appeals for students. The Council may affirm or reverse the decision of the University Parking Citation Appeals Committee. The Council also has the option to affirm the decision of the University Parking Citation Appeals Committee while reducing the fine to an administrative fee.

The following reasons will not be accepted by the Judicial Council as grounds to reverse or reduce a citation fee. This list is outlined in UCF – 6.007 (a)(f) and is not an all-inclusive list:

  • Disagreement with the traffic and parking regulations
  • Ignorance of the regulation
  • Stated inability to find a permitted parking space
  • Operation of the vehicle by another person
  • Tardiness to class and/or appointment
  • Inability to pay fine (lack of money)
  • Displayed expired permit
  • Traffic congestion
  • Stated perception that designated parking area is not safe
  • To delay paying the fine for an appealed citation
  • Unsupported evidence of direction by any university official

Eligibility for SG Judicial Council Parking Appeal

In order to submit an appeal to the Judicial Council, you must:

  • be currently enrolled in a course;
  • have had your citation upheld by the University of Parking Citation Appeals Committee; and
  • submit the appeal, located below, within 10 days of receiving your decision from the University Parking Citation Appeals Committee.

Submit a Parking Appeal to SG

Submit your form through Knight Connect by clicking below.

Submit an Appeal
< Back